Saturday, November 1, 2014

How I study for an interview

How many times have you gone to an interview and get anxiety the day before you go in?

Yeah, I feel like I am going to have a heart attack! The first couple of interviews I did not do any research. I just winged it because people told me to just be myself and not sound like a robot. I didn't get 2 of the jobs I wanted in the past doing that. Not saying that it may not work for you but apparently I must be saying something wrong.

 I recently applied to a job that would open a lot of doors for me so I looked up youtube videos and the most common questions asked during an interview. I wrote down some notes on my computer and highlighted the best answers, not complete answers, just bullet points to remind me what I should say. Honestly, I didn't even look at my notes on my interview( phone interview). You should also ask friends or family for advise and go over the questions and answers you wrote down with them. I went over it with my boyfriend and my friends. They helped me so much! They even tried interviewing me but I am really shy so I didn't do it. t was so nervous, I think I said "really" about 10 times. I am still waiting for a response but of course it's the weekend. I'll probably have to wait until Monday.

This is the video I watched. Hope it helps!


No comments:

Post a Comment