Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Life Scare

Ever since I can remember I have been called fat, chubby, and even a gorilla, which I don't really get but I would get very upset when my classmates called me that in middle school. I kept telling myself I would lose weight but then a torta called my name along with some tacos. I just LOVE food.

Unfortunately my family has a history of Diabetes and heart attacks on both sides of my family so I really need to get my stuff together. 2 years ago I was warned by my Dr that I am in high risk because of my weight and medical history but of course I took it lightly. I was 19! I didn't think it would develop but now I'm starting to think that I should've made some changes. I can tell the difference in my body when I haven't had sugar or anything to eat. It's scary when I can feel my bodies response to whatever is going on internally.

I'm too afraid to go to the Dr and tell him what is going on. I would rather go back when I have lost weight and eat healthier for some time. So far I have changed my diet and walk more. I signed up for 2 5ks this year, I got a fitbit blaze, taking tai chi classes, see a personal trainer every week, and am starting to do the water infusions.

I'll keep you posted.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated =D

No comments:

Post a Comment